Monday, February 7, 2011

Day Four: Halfway There and I'm Livin' on a Prayer.

Remember when I said that I didn't really like waffles?
I've never liked french toast either.
But I like vegan french toast.
These were also made by Van's, right from King Kullen.
Is God trying to tell me something?
It seems that the only vegan meal that I really enjoy is breakfast.
This french toast tastes like gingerbread too....
I'm sensing a theme here...
.....do they just make everything taste like gingerbread to distract you from the fact that there's nothing really in it?

I mean, if that's the case...it's working...


OMG, wait! I totally forgot to talk about this amazing vegan pudding that I (well, my mom) made yesterday. My darling mother was getting tired of watching me eat wheat and grass, so she decided to show her love for me and make me chocolate pudding with almond milk (not regular milk, don't freak out, I didn't cheat.)


...and may I just say, it tasted better than it does with regular milk.


I would totally go vegan for chocolate pudding with almond milk. It was a little more lumpy than regular pudding, but better nevertheless. I'll ask her to make it again so I can post a picture of it in the next few days.


By the way, have you seen the vegan health pyramid? I mean, they might as well just write "just eat grass." on the thing.


Also take notice of how they want you to have at least 6-11 servings of tofu per day.
I tried tofu for the first time when I was at that Chinese restaurant with my family, and it was just plain tofu in soup. It was like little tofu cubes just chopped in there looking like rubber...I swear, they practically squeaked.

However, the website it comes from is great. It's called chooseveg.com and it gives you everything you could ever want to know about Veganism (and being a Vegetarian, I can understand 99.9% of its mentality.)

Just click on the link below and start vegging.

http://www.chooseveg.com/animal-cruelty.asp

Well anyway, getting back to my day...

Lunch was fine, I guess. I haven't really found any great vegan lunches...well, I haven't found any creative vegan lunches, rather, mostly because I don't have much time to make myself a gourmet vegan lunch. However, I'm willing to extend this another two days so that I'd have the weekend to potentially make something (or have my mom make something) a little more fancy.

Right now, I'm stuck with peanut butter on wheat bread which is just about as exciting as when Kara DioGuardi was on American Idol.

Dinner tonight was fine. I had leftover Chinese food from Saturday....so, I don't have much to write about........except the vegetable soup.

Sweet jesus.

It was painful.

Okay, so...I like vegetable soup. I'm totally fine with it. But, vegans take it a little too far. I mean, the ENTIRE thing was just....a mush of vegetables stuffed into a bowl but it was.....bad.

Maybe it was veggie-overload.

I'll try a toned-down version and write about that later.

I mean, I can't say that I don't like veganism yet. I certainly don't love it yet either, though.

So, since it's Day Four and it's the halfway mark of my venture, I'm going to say that I'm 50/50 on this whole vegan thing.

and so....in honor of my halfway mark (so I think), let's play a little Bon Jovi.

Here's Livin' on a Prayer on Jenna's Vegan Blog...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDK9QqIzhwk

Stay Veggy, MHS.

*VEGAN THOUGHT OF THE DAY: I wonder if other vegans have played the song Livin' on a Prayer when watching their dietary counterparts eat.



No comments:

Post a Comment