Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Day Five: Pasta is the only thing keeping me alive.


^This guy has been my inspiration basically all week.


I've got John Mayer playing as I write this, so forgive me if I appear distracted through my...typing.
I've realized that my vegan diet consists of three things: pasta, water, and wheat thins.
Okay, it's actually a little more diverse than that...but those are my lifelines right now.

I need a vegan intervention.
I need to open up to more vegan friendly foods.

I mean, I feel like I haven't written a lot about vegetables, and the truth is, I've been eating them like crazy.
....but how do you write about vegetables in a way that's blog-worthy?


"The orange luster on my carrot was as bright as the sun's gleaming light."


That was actually pretty good.

.....in all seriousness, eating vegetables isn't something new to me; I don't eat meat to begin with, so any carnivore, this challenge would certainly be harder.
However, I've been eating more vegetables than I would have otherwise eaten had I not sacrficed myself.


We've been told to eat vegetables since the day we could open our mouths, but some still find it to be a long, painful process when you could use basically anything to spice the vegetable up. Yes, vegans are allowed to fry things.


...and they can use soy sauce (although, I personally don't)


...and regular sauce


...and other herb things.





You get my point.

Ah, but then there's the question of what to do at a BBQ.
Isn't awkward to be that person who says "Oh, I don't eat meat."
Can't you just see the rage inside of that person as you know that they're thinking "then why did you come to a BBQ?"
Well, there's an alternative.
Ms. McKenna, a fellow vegan at MHS, let me borrow her Vegan College Cookbook for the week.
Although I've failed to actually make something from it, I've read it.
And for anyone who's love of BBQ's is inhibiting their attempt at going vegan, here's your new true love:

Scuzz-Free BBQ Tofu

1 (16-ounce) package of extra firm tofu, drained, and cut in half horizontally


1 cup of bottled BBQ sauce


4 sandwich rolls


Sandwich fixings (lettuce, tomato, etc.)


...it's that easy.
There, now you can't argue with me about what to do at a BBQ.


I didn't eat anything new today, I'm sorry.
But no worries, tomorrow I'll have plenty more to blog about. I've got to live up to my expectations of making this blog as good as the one that Julie Powell writes in Julie & Julia, and yes, I read the book before I saw the movie.
If you didn't understand that reference, Google it.
It's worth it.


This may just be the most boring post I've written all week.
I've realized that all of this soy-ridden, wheat-infested "food," has been making me a little more tired than I usually am.
Is it just because I'm tired or is it the vegan food?
You'll have to read the article to find that one out.


I'll leave you with a song.


Again.

I knew Kermit the Frog was good for something...


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIOiwg2iHio

caio.

*VEGAN THOUGHT OF THE DAY: Apparently vegans like koala's too, not just panda's.












No comments:

Post a Comment